Wednesday 21 October 2015

Where To Find The Best Free Vector Icons With Flaticon


A few weeks ago, I wrote a tutorial on how I create my graphics on Picmonkey, and it was met with great reception - something I'm extremely pleased about, especially as it encouraged a lot of other bloggers to open their minds and give it a try, with much success, but within that time, I've discovered a very special website that not only makes my design process on Picmonkey so much cleaner, easier and improves the look of my graphics, but also makes my creative heart sing.

Flaticon - the Only Icon Website You'll Ever Need!



Flaticon is without a doubt the best website I have found during Nellie and Co.'s inception, and it's the made better by the fact it's 100% completely free to use! (We all know how much I like free things - remember, if it's free, it's fabulous!) Not only is it free, (this needs saying more than once people), all of the icons can be downloaded as SVG's, EPS's, PSD's and PNG's, intergrated with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, and can be used as a web font.

Flaticon is the Largest Database of Icons Ever, and It Rocks!


I use icons most within my graphics like the one above, and in the past, in order to find the right icon for the right graphic, I've had to search through Google's free to use clip art options (which quite frankly, don't stand a chance against Flaticon) and in some cases, change the colour, size, quality and even make the image transparent myself, all things I was more than willing to do, yet with the power of Flaticon, I can search for any icon I might want; for example, a computer, and every icon of a computer becomes available in either black or grey, already transparent and completely free to use. I'm so impressed, I've already changed some of my graphics to include icons downloaded from Flaticon, and I think they look rather fabulous.

Are Flaticons 100% Free Though Amanda?


That they are my little cherubs. Every icon available is free to download and use for personal and commerical use, while there are a few (and I mean a few) that are just for personal use, and you don't even need an account to download them. You simply enter the website, find your icon and download away. Since finding Flaticon a week or two ago, I've already downloaded over 400 icons, and I'm regularly on the site looking for new icons to add to my collection.

What Kind of Icons Does Flaticon Have Then?


You name it kiddo, Flaticon has it. Looking for social media icons, Flaticon has them. Looking for multimedia and marketing icons, Flaticon has those too. Flaticon even has over 75% of Font Awesome arrays of icons available to download for free - what more could you need? In fact, Flaticon is so good, I've seen icons I could use in graphics and developed entire posts around them. Here, take a look around the site.. >>>

Inspiring, Practical and 100% Free - You Need Flaticons in Your Life!


No matter what you use them for, whether it be for your social media icons on your blog, or your blog graphics like me, Flaticon is without a doubt one of the best websites around for people looking for quality, free vectors without the hassle or stress. I couldn't recommend Flaticon enough, and I plan to use this fabulous free resource for as long as it's available - I recommend you do exactly the same.

Did You Know About Flaticon? What Do You Think?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh that's awesome. I like how you used the icons in the post image. Gonna have to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I thought it'd be great to showcase a variety of them! :)

      Delete
  2. AAAHH! This is brilliant! *Hyperventilates* I've been looking for something like this for a while - I really like the way you can use the icons as a font (and style them completely with CSS). It makes them so much more versatile! The only other service that provides something like this that I know of is Font Awesome, but I find their range kind of limited (even though it's massive!).
    Also, I agree, anything that's free is definitely better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, the use for these icons is just amazing, and I'm so pleased I found it. The fact you can use ALL of these icons as a font is just super awesome, so hopefully you love using it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love icons. I've bought many packs of them before in the past and this resource is totally a gem. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, so pleased to have saved you a few bucks! :)

      Delete
  4. Ok, I'm a complete newb here. Don't the social media sites (I'm guessing Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc) offer their icons for free? I would think they'd want to advertise their sites.

    Sorry to sound dumb. I'm not a blogger, but wanting to start one and need to know these sorts of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't offer icons for free to speak - they offer different social media link options to include in your blog design, some of which are icons, but generally, they are limited and don't always work as they should, which as you can expect, sucks. They don't offer you the icons to use for general use such as for graphics like I use icons, as they're not making any revenue through the use of those icons.

      Using free programs such as Font Awesome to use icons around your blog through CSS, and using Flaticon allows you access to millions of icons free to use on almost anything you want. It can be complicated, and hopefully you make the right decision for you and your blog, but Flaticon is definitely a resource I'd recommend you use :)

      Delete