Friday 22 May 2015

Popular vs Underrated - Contemporary Edition


Roll up roll up, it's time for another edition of 'Amanda creates a new feature and isn't sure how long it'll last, but hey, let's enjoy the moment while it lasts!' I'm kidding, I've got a feeling this might be a re-occuring feature, hence, I made a snazzy banner to highlight just how regular this could be, but that's not what's important, what's important is recommendations, but recommendations of books you probably had no idea actually existed. These are my favourite recommendations; there's nothing better than seeing someone reading a book they heard about from you and really liking it, it's like giving children candy and it making their day, beautifulness.

Let's not pretend that you all don't know that I live for unknown books, those little hidden gems that are so pretty and so wonderful and so brilliant, it physically hurts that people don't know about them, they are my bread and butter, or, for none British folk, my peanut butter and jam/(jelly?) of books. I think I read quite a lot of contemporary (although not as much as Stacie, she reads loaaaaaads, and I've read my fair share of popular and not-so reads, so of course, I decided this first installment would be focused on contemporaries, that and I wanted to show off my new infographics hobby. (I'm seriously addicted, I'm ashamed I didn't have this in my life!) Behold, Popular vs Underrated - Contemporary Edition..


Number of reviews was correct as of 16/03/2015

The Popular Books

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - Reviews: Stacie | Amanda
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Reviews: StacieAmanda
If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Reviews: Amanda
Wonder by R.J. Palacio - Reviews: Amanda
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

The Underrated Books

Me Since You by Laura Wiess - Reviews: Amanda
Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander - Reviews: Amanda
Tin Lily by Joann Swanson - Reviews: Amanda
The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah Benwell
What If by A.J. Pine - Reviews: Amanda

Community Recommendations

Without Tess by Marcella Pixley
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
Leftovers by Laura Wiess
Life Unaware by Cole Gibson
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney
Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess

What are some Contemporaries you've loved?

Huge thank you to Bekka, Stormy and Tessa for their recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that people write blogs with such passion.

    ReplyDelete